Monday, August 13, 2012

Staples, you are a friend of mine

Well, here I am again to sing the praises of Staples and their superb customer service.

I went to get a few things today, and after I got home went right to the computer to fill out my easyrebates online before I forgot to do them!

While on the website, I decided to go check out my Staples Rewards account and noticed on my 7/29 transactions that only half of my 2 pocket folder purchases were credited under the "rewards" column. Now, mind you, that's a grand total of $.10  but you know what..I was curious. So, I got on live chat to ask. They said I needed to call the Rewards center and talk to them, and provided the phone number, so I did. The woman I spoke to was great, looked up my account and found the transactions I was referring to, and saw the discrepancies, then said, well, that would be a total of $.10, right? I said yes, and that I knew it was just $.10, but it adds up, so I wanted to find out why it didn't credit correctly. She said, well, how about I send you a $1.00 coupon to use in the store? I said, "Sure" and she said that it would be on its way and arrive at my house soon. Wow!  If I wasn't already impressed, I would be now.

Already impressed? Yes...wanna know why? When I started my Back to School Shopping back a few weeks ago, the guy in the store that day signed me up for the wrong Rewards card, a regular one, instead of a Teacher card, even after I'd told him that was what I needed. Add to that the fact that he said I should go to the website to fill in my info. like phone number, etc. because "It'd be more accurate" if I did it that way. I didn't question it because it wasn't a big deal to me.  Fast forward to the next time I'm in the store, I had gone to the website to fill in my info. whereupon I saw that I had been signed up for a regular card, not a teacher card. So, I opened a Teacher card online, and wrote down the number so I'd have it the next time I went to the store. In the following weeks, they never could pull up my account w/my phone number like they should've been able to and I think I know why, because of the two accounts. Well, after a few weeks passed, I decided to look at my "rewards summary" and see how much I'd been credited thus far by making purchases and using my card, it wasn't much b/c mostly I'm shopping the sales and extreme deals, but it was beginning to add up. I did notice though that my very first transaction was missing...yes, the one the day I got the "regular" card. So, after a quick online chat, I called the Rewards center to see what I could see. The customer service agent that day was very pleasant as well. I explained about the regular card, the guy at the store wanting me to fill things in at home, me checking and finding I hadn't been given a Teacher card, the whole sha-bang. She listened, then gave me my options. Basically the best thing would be to close the regular account, but the transaction that I'd made the day I got the regular card could not be "moved" to the Teacher card. Sad me. I expressed my disappointment at this fact, and asked if there was anything that could be done in that regard, she said no, once a receipt/transaction is "attached" to a card, it doesn't matter if the card/account is closed or not, the transaction cannot be put onto another card. Bummer. Then, the customer service agent said, how about I send you a Rewards coupon for $5 for your trouble and to cover the amount you should've received w/the receipt we can't put on your Teacher card?  I have to say I was thrilled because she and I both knew that the credit would've only been a small amount....I can't recall right now, but I don't know that it was even a whole dollar. I was "wow-ed" and have been again today.

I highly recommend Staples. They offer many great deals and I really like that they have REBATES, checks mailed to you, or put into your paypal account, not a program where you can only use the monies in their store in the distant future. And, I have already received three notices that my rebates are on their way from a few weeks back! So, if you haven't already, check out Staples! They're having some great deals and check out my previous post about how I am doing a few extra transactions if I have a few of my children along to help out...hey, they're the ones using all these supplies, right? And, to be quite frank, they like helping and making a purchase "on their own" as I oversee to make sure everything is going smoothly.   :)

Happy shopping! And, go to Staples!

**Not that anyone would think I was, but just in case, I am NOT paid to endorse Staples, I'm just a very happy customer!**

No comments: