Monday, August 13, 2012

People of Walmart

Have you heard about the website entitled "People of Walmart"? A friend told me about it a few years ago and I was not surprised to see a few frightening images there of folks that apparently had their picture taken in the midst of their Walmart shopping trips. I did fear at first that there might be one of me on there w/my "MOM" face or something, but boy was I in for a surprise as to what it really was all about. 

Fast forward to today...shopping at Walmart w/my youngest, age 3, looking at the clearance rack of boys' clothes and half noticing a woman w/her children across the rack, but not paying them too much attention until Little Miss asks right out loud in her sweet voice..."Mama, why does that lady have that all over her?"

Me - "What?" as I glance across at the woman again, trying to figure out what Little Miss might be referring to. I noticed a few things it could be...sequins on shirt...anyway, back to Little Miss..."I don't know honey" as we moved away w/our cart Little Miss decides it's time to clarify and says "those needles, Mama, why does she have THOSE?"

I was glad to be moving away at this point, but again answered her that I had no idea. The woman in question was sporting two facial piercings....I too wonder why on earth she had "those needles" on her face.

Out of the mouths of babes ;)

No comments: