Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Update on brother-in-law

I am happy to report that my brother-in-law is doing much better! He isn't out of the woods yet, as they say, but at approximately a month post-surgery, he started back to work 1/2 days this past Monday. He still has lots of doctor visits to keep an eye on him and his progress, and the hope of a successful 2nd surgery in approximately 16 weeks. Please continue in prayer for him during this time of recovery.

The past few weeks have been hard on the whole family, as you may well imagine. Our parents have been able to be there to help my sister w/the children and duties around the house (for those who don't know, my sister and her family live on approx. 3 acres and have goats, chickens, dog, cat, etc. to care for). They also homeschool their 3 children, in addition to various extra activities. My sister is tired and worn out - she needs our prayers now more than ever - Dad is heading home tomorrow. Mom is staying on for a little while longer and I'm so thankful for that.

Please continue to pray for the family - the children are all sick again (2nd time recently, that I'm aware of) and there's always so much to do, as they try to find their new "norm" in the days and weeks to come.

Thank you!!  Anyone that wishes to send a card or email w/encouraging words, holler in the comments and I'll get the info. to you!

No comments: