Sunday, January 25, 2009

Fancy Baby Burp Cloths, Cloth Diapers

I found another cute baby idea awhile back and found time to try it out recently.

You may remember I had purchased some supplies - well, here's what I've been up to.

Over at Make and Takes, I found these embellished burp cloths (cloth diapers) and decided Miss Baby needed a few for special outings (around the house the plain ones will work just fine, thank you very much). This was such a quick and easy project and I'm happy with the outcome.


While I was working on these, Mr. A came along to see what I was up to and requested I embellish one of his (in our house, I pretty much live w/a cloth diaper on my shoulder for the first few months of each child's life, at least, and they become a security blanket of sorts - it has been this way with all 4 of the children - Mr. A still likes to have a "dah" around at night or if he's tired and wanted me to put green trim on the ends of his - no frilly rick rack down the length, mind you, just dark green on each end - why not, I said, and in no time while he sat and WAITED (and this is an amazing feat since most 2 year olds do not sit and wait for much of anything!) , I quickly added the green binding to each end of one of his "dahs" and he is a happy little man)).

6 comments:

Marie {Make and Takes} said...

They are adorable! That ribbon is darling. And just in time, good luck with your upcoming delivery!

Anonymous said...

These are so pretty. I spent way too much to purchase two fancy burp cloths for Avery. You should go into business!

Leandra

CAB said...

Thanks y'all - can't wait to put them to good use - soon!

The Ties that Bind Us said...

I miss using cloth diapers. Nothing cuter then a little wee one in a cloth diaper! I'd like to invite you to join ourlifestyleoflearning.ning.com I saw you use TOG and so do we. (And love it!) This network is for classically minded homeschoolers.

The Tile Lady said...

Really great idea!

The Royal Family said...

do you sell these?