Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Jury Duty and King Tut

What do those two things have in common? I got a notice about both of them in the mail today :)

I got my first ever jury summons and a notice of an exhibit starting in October at the Dallas Museum of Art for King Tut.

The Juror Questionnaire was interesting. I found the exemption that I qualified for to be a bit odd - "I have legal custody of a child/children 9 years old or younger, and this child would be left alone."

Do they think a child 10 years old is old enough to be left alone while the parent goes to be a juror? I don't think so. I don't think I'm alone in that - at least I hope not. Scarey!

On one hand I'm sure it would be interesting to be a juror. On the other hand, I do not have any desire to judge someone else's fate. Who knows what the case might be... I'm thankful for the wonderful reasons I have for not being able to go to be a juror.


Regarding King Tut - I can remember when the exhibit was in TN when I was a child. Ironically we just learned a little about King Tut in our Botany course and will be studying him in history as well - just might have to mark the calendar for a trip the Art Museum later this year! Good timing! Anybody up for a field trip?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah fun Juy Duty - I have been asked once but I was in college so I got out of it that way - that is pretty nuts about the age of your children! Go Figure!

Did you go see the Napoleon exhibit that was in Memphis when we were kiddos? Or the Ramses one?

Lok said...

ohmigosh. We traveled up to Memphis to see that same King Tut exhibit you saw when I was younger!!!