Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A poem by Miss E, age 9 - Must Read!

A few days ago Miss E mentioned something about  a poem she'd written in the back of her Reading Workbook. I don't know why, but I thought she'd just copied a poem from her reader or somewhere else into the back cover.

Last night I remembered and flipped to the back to read it after checking her schoolwork and found the poem copied below - after talking w/Miss E I found out it was her own work - I am thankful for the gifts God has bestowed upon our children!

Untitled
by Miss E

When Jesus came into this world;
And hungered, Satan said,
"Why do you not use your power;
To turn all these stones into bread?"

But Jesus came into this world
To save us from our sin,
He showed us many miracles;
That hope should not grow thin!

copyright 2010, Miss E

What a blessing Miss E is to our family!!

3 comments:

Heather said...

oh, how thin my faith is sometimes. Please tell Miss E, I am grateful she is using the gifts the Lord has given her.

Teacher/Mom said...

Beautiful! You should have her write it and frame it (from the dollar store) and give it as Christmas presents. Blessings.

Unknown said...

What a blessing it is to see God moving in the hearts of our children.