Thursday, February 7, 2008

Pasta anyone? Easy Creamy Pasta Sauce

Tried a new recipe tonight after my original plan for dinner fizzled - what on earth did they do in the "old days" before the Internet existed? I flipped open the laptop, googled "easy creamy pasta sauce" and VOILA! (and it was mmmm, mmm, gooood!)

Try it, you might like it ;)

(I poured it over some ziti (rigate, per the box) noodles and it was YUMMMMY!)

FAST CREAMY PASTA SAUCE
4 tablespoons butter
3 cloves garlic, pressed
1/3 c. grated Parmesan cheese
3/4 c. heavy cream
1/2 tsp. dried basil
In a small saucepan, melt butter in oil. Add garlic, cheese, and basil, stirring to blend over medium-low heat. Stir in cream.

Makes about 1 cup of sauce that can be tossed on your favorite pasta.

For a variation, try adding a can of chicken noodle soup along with your cooked pasta when sauce is done. Heat and serve.

One thing I noticed is that it never said how much oil to use, I just added about 1/4 cup maybe? (I didn't measure it :) )

Also, no cloves of garlic on hand so I used the minced garlic in a jar and put about 3 tsp. or was it tblsp. - hmmm - perhaps "season to taste" would be a good guide :) I like garlic so I probably put a good bit!

I don't know about that last instruction regarding a "variation" - that doesn't sound so great to me, but hey, you might like it!

Happy cooking!

No comments: