Friday, June 19, 2009

A Blast from the Past

Miss E has been known to compose a poem or two in her day.

I ran across this one yesterday and with her permission will share it with you.

"My Thoughts After Our Mice Were Taken Away"

My heart is dark as night.
No light can shine in.
If only our mice were here.
The End.

- Miss E, copyright 2007

Miss E wrote this in February of 2007 after we had to get rid of the pet mice. We found a new home for them with some people who already had a couple of mice and were looking to add to their "mouse family" - the mice weren't working out well as "pets" for us.

Anyway...such drama from a 6 year old, eh? She's 8 now and said she does not remember writing the poem. I'm so glad we still have it to enjoy.

1 comment:

Latane Barton said...

Miss E. has quite a talent. Tell her I said it was a sweet but sad poem.