Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Out of the mouths of babes...

Well, I thought I'd shake things up a bit and go to an actual grocery store today for my weekly grocery shopping trip (I usually go on Mondays, but we had the zoo day planned so....).

Anyway, it was nice being in a grocery store for a change, but there were some items that I just couldn't find there that I'm used to getting over at Wallyworld, so I'm torn. I was in and out of there in under an hour (which never happens fighting my way through Wal-mart), but I didn't get everything I was looking for. So, instead of going back to my usual Wal-mart, I'm going to drive a tad farther next week and try out Albertson's. It was frustrating in Kroger because I had to really look for everything, whereas I know where all the usual stuff is in Wal-mart, but that was to be expected. And, who could discount the cool "car" shopping cart complete with 2 steering wheels that kept my little guys busy as I shopped (probably the reason I was able to get in and out of there in under an hour - noone walking along beside me).

Speaking of those little guys...I'm innocently looking at something on the shelf when Mr. E belts out "Mama, there's a half naked lady over there!" and as I look up in horror, I see the lady down at the end of the aisle pushing her own car cart, mind you, and yes, from Mr. E's standpoint, she's half naked. Sigh. After shushing him and hoping the woman didn't hear him, I quickly told him we'd talk about it later, but to not yell something like that out so loudly. The woman was wearing a very immodest top, strapless, much skin revealed and not something I would ever dream of wearing, nor would I allow my girls to wear. Sigh. Do people own mirrors? Yes. Do they look into them? Yes. Do they care? I don't think so.

As if that wasn't horror enough for the day, I came home to read and watch the following (see below) - what is the world coming to?


No comments: