Thursday, May 22, 2008

While we wait....Mr. A's Bday Bash

While we wait for my parents to arrive tonight (Yes, back so soon due to a death in the family - my mom's uncle, my great-uncle - the next to last of 13 siblings to pass on..) I thought I'd take a few moments to share some of Mr. A's Birthday Party Pics.

Mom and Dad were with us so we celebrated Miss A and Mr. A's birthdays, but the cake was for Mr. A since we'd already had one for Miss A.

Got all that?

Anyway, here goes:

Drumroll please...................

The cake!

Triple Chocolate Fudge with Chocolate Fudge frosting - YUM! (now, why on earth I made the little tied off part of the balloon in the "string" color frosting instead of the color of the balloons, I do not know, I am not perfect, ok?! )


Mr. Baby likes balloons...a lot! I was so glad to find these cute little candles before his bday....I didn't count on him thinking they looked like lollipops though - after we took them off the cake, he took a lick - it only took one for him to realize they weren't the real deal!


Blowing out the candles.....


And, of course, chocolate ice cream to go with chocolate cake!




And a few goodies for our BIG boy :)


Along the way we've lost most of the pieces to our Mr. Potato Head that a friend gave Mr. E a few years (and a few moves) ago. So, we found this great set and thought Mr. A would like to have a chance at making some fun faces with all the pieces (at least for the first day when all the pieces are still around, that is!)



Mr. A tried on the glasses (funny b/c Miss E did the same thing w/the ones we had from the original Potato Head set! If I run across the pic I have of her w/those on, I'll post it later)


We have some old happy meal toys of Buzz and Woody and Mr. A really likes to play with those so we got him a new Woody of his very own to go with the Buzz he got awhile back. Here he is showing it to his big brother...


Here's Grandpa ready to capture some Kodak moments....


And a present for Miss A from Grandma and Grandpa...



Here's the whole crew....



Ok, time to go for now - drive safely Grandpa and Grandma! We're so glad you were able to be here for the birthday celebration last week and look forward to seeing you tonight!

No comments: