Thursday, May 1, 2008

Warnings, recalls and other things....

Well, we all get those emails warning us of new email scams, phone scams, tainted products and the like. Some are true, some aren't. We are probably all familiar by now w/the snopes.com site and if you aren't...check it out sometime. This blog entry is not about scams, but about information. The information many parents probably have never even thought to ask for. Information about all those shots the doctors say our children need, have to have, must have, one even before you leave the hospital in a lot of places. Do they really? What's in those vaccines? Have you asked? Do all the doctors know? Have they ever thought to ask?

Recently I received an update from a site I became familiar with about two years ago. I debated for a little while about posting this here or not, but decided to after all.

For all of us with small children, we have no doubt been to the pediatrician along the way getting vaccine after vaccine that was 'recommended' for all children at certain ages.

Sadly, we found this information after some of the children had had certain vaccines, that in hindsight we would not have allowed.

I highly recommend reading on this site - I'd rather be informed and make decisions in the future based on what I know, than in the dark forever. I hope you take the time to read about these vaccines too. There is a table on the site that shows all of the vaccines that have ethical alternatives - you can find out from your doctor if they carry the ethical vaccines. You may be amazed at what your doctor doesn't know - I have to say I was at the obvious surprise from one pediatrician I discussed this with.

http://cogforlife.org/vaxproof.htm

Just an excerpt:

The fact that the Chickenpox, Hepatitis-A and MMR vaccines were developed using aborted fetal cell lines, MRC-5 and WI-38 has never been hidden from the public. The problem is that when parents go to their family doctors for vaccinations, who asks to see the product insert? Most parents want to know the risks and possible side effects. Like their doctors, parents are mostly concerned with the health of their children. And doctors, who have been administering the vaccines for years have never checked into the ingredients, although it has always been right at their fingertips. And what would happen if they did? They would read that the vaccine contains "residual DNA and proteins" and "components" of "MRC-5", "WI-38" (or both) "human diploid cell lines".

I have asked quite a few questions of the people at this site and always gotten a quick reply with information and proofs to back it up. I would be happy to discuss any of it w/anyone who is interested, just let me know. I would also be happy to share some of my questions/concerns and they're replies as well, just ask!

CAB

1 comment:

Lok said...

oh horrors. I'm a little sick to my stomach right now.