Friday, December 19, 2008

Quilt...coming soon! Courtesy of my friends at Lone Star House of Quilts in Arlington, TX

Well, this morning the fog was gone and I was able to run my exciting errand without fear of plowing into someone in front of me (or being plowed into, for that matter)!

My errand was...to visit Lone Star House of Quilts in Arlington, TX where my dear friends, the Cookseys are the owners. About 6/7 years ago Alice made beautiful quilts for my girls for baby gifts and has graciously offered to quilt the top I made for our newest blessing due in January! I am thrilled because this will make the quilt so much more special! This morning I handed over my quilt top...now, to wait. :)

As soon as I have it back, I'll take a picture and share it with y'all - did I mention, I can't wait? :) No pressure Alice!

This was my first visit to the shop and it is wonderful - set in an older home in Arlington, it was a visit long overdue that I'm thankful I finally made. I couldn't leave empty handed so I picked up a pattern called "Hot for Chocolate" and the pink fabric and brown fabric necessary to get started and this project is for MEEEEEEEEE :D

Ok, maybe I'll share if/when I get it done, but mainly it's for me. :)

And, a big thanks to Mr. Dave who entertained my rowdy crew on the front porch and front yard of the quilt shop while Alice and I visited. I enjoyed the trip immensely and hope we weren't too much trouble. If you need some fabric, etc. visit them online any time or in person - it's just a hop, skip and a jump to get over there and very easy to find!

2 comments:

Latane Barton said...

Wow... you are finished with the top. How did you ever do it with all the kiddies around and sick some and you pregnant? I'm impressed.

And, I can hardly wait to see the finished product.

And, thanks to Mr. Dave, too, for entertaining the kiddies while Mom had a few minutes enjoying herself. That's always soooooo needed.

Lepidoptera said...

Glad you got to see the Cookseys! We are looking forward to seeing the completed quilt soon.