Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A wonderful day

This past Sunday was just one of those days where you think about the day and can't help but smile. You know what I'm talking about, right? Well, for us, this was one of those days. CKB had his regular 3rd Sunday appointment at Farmersville and we arrived, got situated with the children and enjoyed preaching by CKB and introduction by one of the brothers there. Afterward, we sat down for lunch and enjoyed visiting with some of the members while taking care of what all the children needed. I was still eating, but distracted talking and keeping an eye on what Mr. A was up to when one of the sisters told me I better hurry up, they were getting ready for me. What does that mean, I think to myself and then I notice the other end of the row of tables...lots of pink gift bags are being put on the table...I look at this particular sister with a quizzical look and find out that apparently they decided to have a surprise baby shower for us today - I look back at CKB and he has a big grin on his face - he was in on it! The ladies said that after the last two children being boys, they figured we might need some pink in the house - there was a beautiful pink cake with little frosting booties that was so sweet and said "Welcome Baby!" and many wonderful gifts of love for us and our sweet baby girl. I can't possibly share how touched we were by this outpouring of love from the congregation to us today. We appreciate them so much and won't ever forget this special day.

One of the sisters took some pictures - I hope we get to see them when we're there next month and maybe get some copies so I can share them with y'all.

2 comments:

Latane Barton said...

How sweet was that!! Love surprises. Those church women knew you'd need pink things. Hope to see some pictures next month.

Lepidoptera said...

Yeah for baby showers and YEAH for surprise baby showers. Wtg, CKB, for keeping this hush, hush from your wife and to all of those sisters who brightened your day.