Thursday, November 1, 2007

Hooray

Well, lots to be thankful for today.

1. I woke up feeling TREMENDOUSLY better than I did yesterday - still a bit congested, but I don't feel totally crummy - yay! (and it lasted all day, the feeling better thing)

2. Our niece, Virginia, gave birth to her 3rd child today. Congrats to her and the rest of the family!

3. I got some awesome portraits done of the children today after wanting to do so for a LONG LONG time, but putting it off and making excuses about space issues for setting things up how I wanted to, taking the/finding the time to set things up, trying to coordinate clothes for all of the children, etc. etc. etc. This after, in a moment of feverish insanity, yesterday morning when I was in Wal-mart buying candy and a few other things, I noticed there wasn't anyone in the Wal-mart photo place and went in and (gasp) had a "portrait" session done of Mr. Baby. UGH. I don't know why on earth I thought that would be a good idea - the girl was horrible - Mr. Baby just wanted down off the table the whole time, I had Mr. E w/me too and he was a big distraction for Mr. Baby, of course :) I *had* to get the "package" of the first shot and ALWAYS the ones after turn out better/cuter/etc. All I really wanted were some nice shots of Mr. Baby w/his sweet, long baby hair, but instead I spent $$ on useless pictures that were horrible. ACK. At least it prompted me to get myself in gear and do my own like I should've in the first place!

I'll post one example - I need to do a little editing on it, but you'll get the gist - this one is of my little girl who is growing up so fast, Miss E.


So, what do you think? :) Oh, and we painted pumpkins yesterday (each of the children had one from our pumpkin farm trip, which I'll blog about one of these days...) and Miss E's is next to her in the pic :)

1 comment:

RebeccaT said...

Good grief! When did she get so BIG? We really need to be seeing more of our nieces and nephews. You are simply going to have to do better and get them in our vicinity more often. This lack of togetherness has simply got to cease!