Monday, November 12, 2007

Just another day in ....paradise?

Well, we've all been sick w/some sort of cold or other this past week. On this particular day, Thursday or Friday (you can't expect someone w/a fever of 102 to remember the exact day, now, can you?) it was evening, after dinner. A few months ago we rearranged the girls' room and it ended up not working out as well as I'd hoped, so I had asked CKB if we could put it back the way it was and he said, "Yes dear" - well, not really, but he said we would. So, for some odd reason in the process of doing a little cleaning up in the girls' room he decided it was time. So, with my lovely 102 fever, I proceeded to try to help. At the same time, Mr. E was in the bathtub having a bath in the bathroom right next to the girls' bedroom, Mr. Baby was in the pack 'n play to the other side of the girls' room playing and tossing toys out left and right...literally. The girls were helping put things away alternating with trying to help keep Mr. Baby happy.

All was going well, then CKB asked me to get something to cover the sharp corner on the rails of the bed we were going to be moving...so I zipped off to the kitchen for some old rags and packing tape to wrap around it - no, it would not look lovely, but it would prevent any more scrapes and scratches from the children bumping against it (yes, 2 of them had been wounded on said corner that week!) As I return, I look in on Mr. E and he's happily playing in the tub...Mr. Baby is playing in the pack 'n play and the girls are doing something....I start wrapping up said corner and taping it when I hear Miss E hollering about NEEDING TO GO POTTY AND MR. E IS IN THE BATHROOM!!!!! I go into the bathroom, pull the shower curtain over so Mr. E will have privacy as well as Miss E and tell her to get in there and go and for Mr. E to stay behind the curtain :) I return to my taping when I hear more screams from the bathroom - there's a BUGGGG in the TUBBBB - ACK - I return, tape in hand still, and see a lovely critter walking along the wall above the tub, I reach for some toilet paper to abscond the disgusting intruder, whereupon I discover the toilet paper roll is empty - AGH - I don't want the disgusting intruder to get INTO the tub w/Mr. E so as I glance madly around, I think, hmm, the tape! I can at least immobilize it while I go for some paper towels or something, so yes, I ripped off a long piece and tapes it to the wall of the shower/tub. I know, I know, yuck. I then get a roll of toilet paper for Miss E to finish up and get out of there. Mr. Baby is singing a lovely tune by now because he's been abandoned by his admirers and that just adds to the fun! I let out a scream of my own, which of course prompts CKB to call out "what's wrong????" - I try to explain that I just needed to scream for once and return to my taping and wrapping of the bed rail corner.

Hmm, the bug. I remember the disgusting bug and holler at Mr. E to let me know if he sees it moving. Yes, I know, ugh. So, Mr. E continues his bath, playing happily along and I ask every few moments about the bug. Happy with the continued replies of "it's still there" I finish up my wrapping job. Then, you guessed it, Mr. E screams out "IT'S MOOOOOOOVING!!!!" That figures. CKB runs in and exclaims at the sight, pulls Mr. E out of the tub, wraps a towel around him and sends him to get dressed. He later tells me that whilst removing the tape, said bug was NOT in fact dead, but simply trapped and it proceeded to fall into the tub (yuck) and CKB removed it and disposed of it.

mental note - sterilize the tub TODAY

So, we DID manage to get the girls' room rearranged again. Mr. E needs ANOTHER bath since he never actually got any soap on him due to being removed from the tub before the "wash down". The bug was sent to a watery end down the toilet. The exterminator is due back on Wednesday. Mr. Baby got to get out of the pack 'n play and romp a bit before bed. All is well in...paradise :)

(for those who care, we live in a rental house right now and we will all be thrilled when we are able to find some land, build a house and MOVE - the prior tenants did NOT have an exterminator...' nuf said)

1 comment:

Lok said...

lol.... this sounds like a story out of my house! I have determined that getting married has liberated me from any unnecessary bug killing. In fact, if DH is home, I don't kill 'em. Period. I will, however, put a cup over them.
::heehee!::

Whenever Jmk sees a cup on the floor, he has learned to assume that there is probably a bug underneath it, and some paper towels should likely be in hand before picking it up.