Monday, December 24, 2007

Are YOU part of the "chain gang" too?

Well, CKB has been teasing me about being the cobbler's family that had no shoes lately - no, I'm not making shoes on my oh so small amount of spare time - ha ha - but have been learning to crochet. I have made a few afghans of various sizes and given them to friends and family as gifts. I guess seeing me making these afghans and running across a yarn that he liked and saw me making into something for someone else finally caused CKB to ask when I was going to make something for us....so he asked for an afghan for Christmas. Now, as you probably can see, it's Christmas Eve. Yesterday, I chained 184 and began - sigh - but at least it's started and MAYBE it'll be done by New Year's...maybe :) It is going to go on our bed and so it's going to be rather large to be used as a blanket - but I have the fantastic "S" (speed) hook on my side and am using 3 strands of yarn together throughout, so it should go rather quickly.

I'd post a picture of it as it stands right now, but I'm tired and going to go to bed instead - the children will be up early tomorrow and I have to get SOME rest, right? :)

I'll try to post some pics of my progress as I'm able to - I'd love to hear from other members of the "chain gang" and hear about your projects, etc. :)

Merry Christmas to all and to all a GOOD NIGHT!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to seeing your progress on your project . What colors did you decide to use. Hope to see it soon. Love Mom