Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I voted today....have you?

What an election year, eh?

Well, today the crew and I headed off to the early voting location and hoped for a short line and a smooth outing. We were blessed with both. There were about 10 people in line and we were probably only in there about 10 mn. Yay! The line of voting machines were arranged such that the one at the end was by a wall so I had the children, except Mr. A, sit by the wall while I voted and then we were off on our way again sporting our "My Vote Counted" stickers proudly. A woman asked as we were leaving the building if we had all voted, to which I replied that I wished they all could! We've been talking about the importance of exercising our right to vote and they understand what a great responsibility they have to look forward to in the future - Miss E is already counting the years to see when she'll be able to vote for the first time for president.

Have you voted yet?

JohnMcCain.com

3 comments:

Latane Barton said...

No, I haven't voted but will on Tuesday when I bet the lines are long, long, long. We do live in a small town so maybe it won't be too bad and I always see someone I know there so that is good.

Like your picture!!

Lok said...

nope. As far as I know, we don't have any early voting in these parts. (boo). But I'm voting for Sarah! (... and that guy who's running with her). ;-)

Teacher/Mom said...

I wish we had early voting here. I've heard predictions of a long wait at the polls. I'm waiting to hear back from a friend to see if she will stay with my crew, and I stay with hers, so that we don't have to stand in a long line with them. Usually I like to bring them with, but the thought of an hour or more in line, with a 9, 7, 3 and almost 1 yr old makes me want to hurl. Blessings.