Thursday, October 30, 2008

A new sickness

Well, yes, of the germy kind, unfortunately. It seems we got over that last cold mess and were well for a week or two and then we were hit again. Sigh. I guess it's that time of the year. Ugh. Mr. E finished up the antibiotics and seems to be improving, but it takes a full 10 days to a week for it to do its thing so we'll see. In the meantime, Mr. A developed a lovely runny nose - blah - and Miss A started talking about a sore throat and now sounds something like a small Darth Vader as she breathes with all the congestion - yay - Miss E, who I thought had escaped it this time around, just asked me where a full kleenex box was...sigh. Well, maybe we'll all get well and stay well longer this time.

Now, for the new sickness...fabric...not that I didn't already have it to some degree, but it was for dresses for the girls and I'd buy 2-4 yards of a particular fabric and then not have time to make the dress(es) - so I have quite a collection of large pieces of fabric. My attention of late has been toward baby quilts however and I've been looking at quite a few quilting sites and blogs for inspiration and it seems a lot of quilters purchase fat quarters and/or smaller cuts of fabrics they like and put them into their "stash". Hmm. Just what I need. Yesterday, however, I was in the fabric store and needed to get more of the floral fabric I've been working with and picked up a few other goodies to have on hand and to try along w/those pinks and browns (no, I haven't given up on it completely). So...my collection or "stash" has grown a bit, but thankfully in smaller quantities overall. Each cut is 1/2 yard except for the floral - I went ahead and got a yard of it. I like it a lot. Now to find a place to "stash" the "stash" - ha ha.

2 comments:

W. Latane Barton said...

Lovely collection of fabric. I, myself, have been at the sewing machine, doing various quilting things... toward a couple of projects I have going. Will have to show them soon.

Sorry the children are sick again. It's so tough to keep little ones well especially this time of year.

The Tile Lady said...

I too am absolutely addicted to fabric! :-) So sorry sickness has hit the house again! Hope you are all feeling much better again soon!
Marie