Monday, August 18, 2008

A Piano Interlude by Miss E

My sweet husband is always doing nice things for me. Recently, for my birthday he gave me my own mp3 player. I will admit I didn't know much about what to even do with a mp3 player. I'm "out of it" technologically speaking, I suppose.

Anyway, today I decided to try out the "record" feature during Miss E's piano practicing and here are 2 short pieces played by Miss E from her "Performance Book" called "In the Jungle" and "The Doorbell".



Miss E chose to also grace you with song and sung along with her own playing. That's something I never could get the hang of when I was playing violin - I could play or I could talk to someone, but never both at the same time w/o seriously messing up what I was playing!

Sorry there's no video - I don't believe we have the right cable for that right now and besides, then I'd have to check her clothes, hair, etc. before posting ;)

Hope you enjoy her playing! She is having a great time and really enjoying her lessons and practice. Wednesday will be her 3rd lesson! Her teacher is a sweet lady and homeschool mom who has told me after both lessons how bright she thinks Miss E is and how she can't wait to get through all the "beginner" stuff and on into notereading - she's afraid Miss E is going to get bored! :)

3 comments:

Lepidoptera said...

I really enjoyed Miss E's singing and playing. The words were completely appropriate. I could not have sung it better myself. Great job, Miss E!

Unknown said...

fantastic Miss E. I can't wait to hear her play when ya'll head our way in October.

When you going to break out your fiddle so ya'll can do some duets?

A Colorful World said...

Just adorable! She is doing VERY well for having had only two lessons! And she's such a cutie!