Thursday, September 18, 2008

Macaroni Grill bread knockoff recipe - yum


(pictured above - all that was left of the 2 loaves I made!)

This past Sunday we had a wonderful day - we talked with the children about creation and they asked some questions and CKB answered while we drove. It was a gorgeous day with a breeze and cooler temperatures. We headed off to Macaroni Grill for lunch - it's been a LONG time since we have enjoyed a meal there and we thought we'd give them a try. The Sunday afternoon crowd wasn't too bad and we only had to wait about 10-15 mn. before being seated. The children enjoyed drawing on the paper tablecloth while we waited for our lunch to be delivered.

I'd forgotten how good their bread is! Mr. A liked it so much that he practically ate a whole loaf on his own! A few days ago I ran a few searches online and found a knockoff recipe for Macaroni Grill's yummy bread and yesterday seemed like a good day to try it out. So I did.

Here's the recipe link:
http://www.recipezaar.com/64446

I have to say, it turned out very well! I don't know that it's exactly the same, without a side by side comparison, but it was pretty close! The children, all except Mr. A (go figure) asked for more after their first piece and there wasn't much left of the two loaves the recipe made.

I encourage you to try the recipe at your earliest convenience! The only "oddball" ingredient that I had to pick up at the store was rosemary (I didn't get fresh, but just a small container from the spice aisle and it worked just fine).

Let me know what you think!

No comments: