Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Math U See Alpha Addition and Miss A

Well, we started Alpha with Miss A awhile back, but getting her addition facts down pat has been a challenge. The past 2 weeks we've been drilling them while alternating with getting her clock skills down better (motivation - her little brother was able to read the clock and she wasn't - gasp!).

I am happy to say that today Miss A only missed 2 of her addition facts when we went through a set of flash cards to test her. Yay! I think we see the light at the end of the tunnel! If she continues in this fashion and gets those last two down then we should be able to move on to subtraction starting next Monday!

Yay, Miss A!

Oh, and she wants everyone to know that she got 2 gold stars this week (stickers) :)

I found a cute little game for addition that I'm going to let Miss A and Mr E play later - the site looks like it has a lot of gems to explore. Have fun!

http://www.softschools.com/math/games/fishing_add.jsp

1 comment:

A Colorful World said...

My grandson likes us all to know when he gets gold stars for "being good"...tell Miss A that I think she did great on her arithmetic!